These Rice Krispie treats are so yummy and marshmallow-y that they are usually gobbled up within a day.
Ingredients per colour for 6 eggs:
• 3 cups of Rice Krispie cereal
• 3 tbsp of salted butter
• 3 cups of mini marshmallows
• Food Colouring (we used pink, purple, yellow, green and blue)
Instructions for a single batch of eggs
You will need to make five batches of Rice Krispie treat mixture - one for each of the five Easter Egg colours:
1. Melt the butter in a medium pan.
2. Add 3 cups of mini marshmallows and stir until the they are completely melted on a low to medium heat. (If the heat is too high this the eggs will turn out hard).
3. Take the pan off the heat. Add food colouring and mix.
4. Add the Rice Krispie cereal and mix until it is completely covered with the marshmallow mixture.
5. Allow the Rice Krispie mixture to cool slightly for 4-5 minutes. You need the mixture to still be pliable but not burning hot to the touch.
6. Cover your hands in a small bit of butter, grab a handful of the mixture and then use your hands to lightly form the Easter Eggs.
7. Allow Rice Krispie Bites to cool. Repeat for the other four colours.
Eat and enjoy!
Recipe provided by Two Sisters Crafting - two sisters that love to craft and bake. For crafts, do-it-yourself home projects, party planning and baking, check out www.twosisterscrafting.com