Written by Angeline owner of sleepynico.com
We all have different needs but carrying your child is something we have to do so why not find a way that is comfortable and beneficial. Here are five fab tips!
1. Freedom: Being hands free allows you to do so many things. If you have other children you can hold their hands; carrying shopping, cooking or travelling are all easier with a happy baby in a sling.
2. Security: Being close feels safe. Your smell, temperature and heartbeat make your baby feel this way. Keeping them close is helping bring up a confident, happy child and gives them better health and mental stability in the future.
3. Style: For me, wearing something beautiful feels great and I was often stopped in the street and asked about my baby carrier. Choose a carrier that suits your style or character.
4. Sleep: Some babies do, lots don’t, not unless they are snugly in a sling. It’s the way I rocked my daughters to sleep nightly and how I could be sure that in a new place they would.
5. Communication: My girls never stop talking, it’s wonderful how they have so much to say (most of the time). It all started up there in the sling! I would talk to them all the time. I truly believe their curiosity and creativity began in the sling.
My slinging days are behind me but as the owner of SleepyNico I want to encourage parents everywhere to try one, the benefits are amazing. We all have different needs but carrying your child is something we have to do so why not find a way that is comfortable and beneficial.