Search the Toddle About Website
Who Reads the Toddle About Magazine?
Reader Survey Results, April 2011
In April 2011, we invited readers of Toddle About to complete an online survey to help us determine exactly who our readers are and what they think about Toddle About.
The results have been extremely interesting - not only helping us to keep up to date with what our readers want from us, but also enabling us to provide a clear picture of who reads Toddle About to our advertisers, thereby enabling them to make an informed decision about whether or not to advertise with us.
Who Reads Toddle About
Well, the good news is that we are reaching a whole cross section of society, from teenage parents to wealthy, dual income families - and all the people surveyed said they would recommend Toddle About to families with little ones.
Despite the broad appeal of Toddle About, our survey has given us a profile for the 'typical' Toddle About reader, as described below. It is important to consider this profile in context however, and the graphs at the bottom of this page help to illustrate more accurately the people who read Toddle About.
Typical Reader Profile
- Sex: Female
- Household Income: £25,000 - £60,000
- Number of Children: 1 or 2 children
- Age of Children: 0 - 4 years
- Work Status: There is a fairly even split between full-time workers, part-time workers and full-time mums
Other Interesting Findings
These findings cast some light on why advertising in Toddle About works so well for our advertisers:
- 67% of readers will read Toddle About cover to cover.
- 71% of readers would change nothing about Toddle About.
- 87% believe Toddle About is better than other free magazines on offer (31% of all readers believe it is the best by far and no one believes it is worse than others)
- 98% of readers have taken action* because of an advert in Toddle About – the average reader has taken action 3 or 4 times.
- On average, 2.1 people read each copy of Toddle About, giving us a total readership of 16,800 per region per quarter - a total of 33,600 readers across both our regions.
- Only 7% of readers throw away Toddle About immediately after reading it. 73% keep it till the next edition comes out and 17% never throw them away at all. This gives adverts a very long shelf-life indeed.
- 100% of the readers surveyed would recommend Toddle About and on average, give it an overall score of 8.5 out of 10.
* 'Action' here includes making a purchase, calling/emailing the advertiser, looking at the website etc)
This survey was a voluntary online survey of random, self-selected existing Toddle About readers. It was conducted online so we could not influence the results. The results above are from the surveys of 85 readers and are graphically displayed as percentages.
Find out more about advertising in the Toddle About magazine