Spread joy and help the planet by making a rainbow town full of colourful buildings, shops and homes. A fun DIY kids craft made out of household recycling.
You will need:
* Recycled boxes and cardboard tubes.
* Coloured paper
* Glue or tape
* Anything to add colour (paint, crayons, markers etc)
* A black marker to draw the doors and windows.
1. Wrap the boxed and cardboard tubes with paper.
2. Colour-in and cut-out your windows and doors, then paste then to the boxes or cardboard tubes.
3. For the roofs, tape a piece of paper to the top of your boxes and tubes.
4. Place your buildings on the floor if you want to be able to move them around or glue them to a big piece of cardboard if you want to make them stay in one place. Old pizza boxes are great for this!
5. Use your creativity and whatever recycling bits you have to add any extra details to make your town unique. For example, use milk bottle lids to make decorative plant pots!
Rodrigo Macias is the Early Years Teacher behind Box of Ideas, a website full of fresh activities and inspiration for outstanding Early Childhood education. Check out all the ideas and free resources at boxofideas.uk